Profession Head groundsman
First line supervisors landscaping, lawn service or groundskeeping workers plan, organise, direct or coordinate activities of workers engaged in landscaping or groundskeeping activities.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Realistic
- Realistic / Enterprising
- Realistic / Conventional
Tasks head groundsman
- Interpret plans and drawings.
- Confer with clients, contractors, other supervisors or other relevant parties to plan and coordinate work activities.
- Schedule work for crews, e.g. depending on work priorities, crew and equipment availability, and weather conditions.
- Direct and supervise activities of workers who perform duties such as landscaping, cultivating lawns or planting and maintaining vegetation.
- Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary.
- Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions and schedules are followed, quality is maintained and deadlines are met.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformity to specifications, standards and contract requirements.
- Train workers, e.g. in tasks such as transplanting and pruning trees and shrubs, finishing cement, using equipment, and caring for turf.
- Establish and enforce operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
- Take inventory of tool, equipment and materials supplies to ensure that sufficient supplies are available and items are in usable condition.
- Suggest changes in work procedures when necessary.