Profession CNC operator
CNC operators operate computer-controlled machines or robots to perform machine functions on metal or plastic workpieces.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Tasks cnc operator
- Determine specifications (material, machine operation, etc.), tool and equipment requirements and procedure sequences from blueprints, instructions and machine knowledge.
- Select tools and materials necessary for the job.
- Set up machine controls by turning the planned machining operations into a set of instructions.
- Test the machine operation by a trial run or using computer simulations.
- Operate CNC-machines for manufacturing.
- Control machines during operation, e.g. by listening and observing, in order to detect problems or irregularities.
- Confer with supervisor or programmer to resolve machine malfunctions and production problems.
- Adjust machines in case of malfunctioning, problems or irregularities.
- Mount, install, align and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and workpieces on machines, e.g. using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine parts using hand tools.
Related professions carpentry
- Carpenter helper
- Concrete carpenter
- Furniture maker
- Kitchen joiner
- Maintenance carpenter
- Wood treater